Saturday 2 June 2007

Back!!!(With presents for everyone!)

I apologise for apparently being M.I.A... I can only lay the blame on exams... But fear not, I'm back in action, and I've brought my Awoof goody bag with me!!

First off, here's the promised Powerpoint lecture (From the Business StartUp Live Seminars back in April), courtesy of Alex.

Also, not being a very eager candidate for picking up the phone to randomly introduce services to customers, I've come to accept that this is a very candid part of any start-up business that deals with customers. The saying (from one of the first business lectures at Uni) goes : If you can't afford to employ someone with the skill, then you learn it. I guess I'm nowhere near the employing thing (yet) therefore, I'll have to learn.

Only after realising this did I discover where teachers make their money from. I've seen Telesales courses go for discounted rates of up to £895.00!!! I think to myself : "People pay this much to pick up the phone and talk to other people? This money-making thing must be easier than I thought!!" Well, like said NatWest, I knew there must be aother way and after hours of tedious labour, here it is : SalesHelp. From Emotional Selling to How-to-get-past-the-gateman tricks, I found this a priceless resource - no long boring lectures, no beating about the bush.... just the raw data that you came for. My favourite is the deceitful "Wrong Extension Trick", with which you get your "target's" (Person you want to sell to) number. Basically, you dial any random extension that comes to your head and pretend you've been tossed around from receptionist to porter,therefore you were sick and tired of life etc. Could they please give you the direct number to dial so as to stop getting tossed around? It is suggested that you sound very very fed up, because "if they feel sorry for you, they will help you". Sneaky, but worth a try. Plus this was compiled by 12 seasoned sales people so I would guess that they know an ikle bit of what they were talking about...

So that's my edition for the day, the posts get more frequent now, Naijavixen - I promise!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome back o

Awoof said...

Thank you! =)

Naija Vixen said...

Welcome back...nd thanks for the presents too....oya start fulfilling your promise now too ;-)have a great weekend!

BlogVille Idol said...

BLOGVILLE IDOL

Hey guys as you know the BLOGVILE IDOL CONTEST Would be kicking off on 11th JUNE 2007...Please help us make it a succes by participating..We already have our contestants(fellow bloggers)who would be singing in the voice comment player on the blogville idol page.We need you to listen to them and vote..Pls check our page (the Condition on entry) and see what is required for u voters to do and your voting dates,the voting poll would be up soon..Pls help us turn this to a success...and pls visit the page frequently...Tanx for ur support as we try to spice things up in blogville