Wednesday 27 June 2007

So I don't have a 1st class degree....

Getting more erratic are we? I had started getting used to the 'Saturday evening posts' but in a recent turn of events, I just ceased bothering with the timing of blog posts. Perhaps, being secretary, purchaser, receptionist, accountant, manager, telesales operator, IT technician is beginning to take its toll on the blog.... Well, as long as my 'team' and I keep posting, we're happy!

Over the past couple of weeks,even though I've been apparently inactive in other areas, I've been learning quite a lot. I decided to take on the advice I've been given and invest in the worlds greatest asset - The Brain. I've been reading (or listening) to quite a lot of useful material (I'll review these later) and I've come across a not-to-common-phrase : Emotional Intelligence or Business Emotional Intelligence - whichever rocks your boat. This is basically the study of the underlying personal characteristics and skills whch makes some "2nd or 3rd-class graduates" more productive than some "1st class graduates". In other words, it is the reason why many intelligent intellectuals don't "make it" without some outside help. My personal belief is that since no one is born with 100% talent, therefore skills which are lacking can always be learnt (or bought, depending on the size of your pocket.)

Since my pockets aren't that deep (yet), I'll be learning. Vision2learn offers a FULL Emotional Intelligence Course for free... Yes, free. I'd grab this ASAP if I were me.

And here is a mini video tutorial on Business Emotional Intelligence:

4 comments:

Awoof said...

.

onydchic said...

sorry where did u post the comment? noo... i dont delete comments. (no matter how bad they r. maybe its on another post. :)
But thanx for dropping by BTW!

Naija Vixen said...

business emotional intelligence? Gonna go read up more on this

Ms. Catwalq said...

I too, am also reevaluating alot of things in my life and deciding that I have to sharpen some of my undisciplined skills if I want to be able to effectively attain and manage my future goals.
I am with Naija vixen