Wednesday 5 September 2007

Now you see me... Now you see me again :-)

It it with great embarrassment that I type this entry, more than a month after I promised to be more regular on my postings. I do apologise to anyone who requires my heartfelt apologies, and to my dear old blog , for starving it for so long.

Over the past few weeks, I’ve had to move house twice, as I decided to take up a summer letting in town. (Student tenancies last only 10 months around here, so one would have to rent afresh, deposit and all, for the 2 months of summer - Stupid idea, and wasteful to the landlords if you ask me). I stayed back in town was to enable myself concentrate on my business-related stuff and for once, be able to to control what I do during this period.

Has it paid off? Well, so far, to my amazement, one of my old ideas has jumped out of my “To do later” pile and has demanded attention before I regret it and wish I’d done something earlier. In a frenzy, I have written out a marketing strategy, business plan, estimated cost outlay, advert templates, advertising strategy and what-else-have-you. I have presented my ideas to investors (That’s another story) and finally, to my father who has decided to support me financially. I’ve spoken to people at Punch Newspaper, Success Digest and I’m currently pursuing The Guardian for publicity. I’ve booked a consultancy slot with an eperienced team of business advisors, to whom I’ll pitch my idea to solicit advice in any areas where I might be going wrong. I’ve bought a domain name and website and I’m just waiting for the gunshot before I start running. That’s my problem. Once I get hold of something new that appeals to me, I grab it by the neck and pursue it into the ground, milk it dry of every potential, if, maybe and but and not let go until I reach emotional satisfaction. Whether this is a good or bad thing, I do not know - Especially as this behaviour of mine extends into other areas of my life. The other day, I was at Dorothy Perkins and Woe Betide this beautiful top that I set my eyes on that day. I hurriedly grabbed it, tried it on, paid for it at the counter, went back to the changing room, put it back on….. before I could breathe normally again and continue my shopping….

6 comments:

Zahratique said...

Hey Awoof (lol, nice name) Thanks for dropping by!

2 houses in 2 months is a really stressful. Didn't know the lease only lasts 10 months in da UK...Their loss i think.

Ms. Catwalq said...

i was about to issue a public flogging for u...but u just barely managed to redeem yourself...

how bodi? I too had to go through the same thing. dorms systems are beyond my comprehensin. I guess the storage people have to eat somehow

onydchic said...

Hey, good luck with the biz plan!

bighead said...

Is starting a business that difficult? strategy this, template that. na wah O! Abeg where can we learn the full procedure? No wonder you tire out quickly. I hear having a co-founder is almost necessary.

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

Hey gal, Thanks for stopping my my space....Ibim o! Whereabouts you from exactly...I'm fron Abonnema aka NYC lol!

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

Meanwhile, do you have any business ideas for me?