Sunday 23 September 2007

Thoughts....

I think I need professional help. I have a problem - A gift or a curse, you can look at it either way. The problem is my head. No there is nothing physically wrong with the head, and I’m not mentally challenged but, the thoughts inside are driving me crazy. Even when I try to get some rest, I’m constantly thinking and I can’t help it. Idea after idea flows into this head of mine, some of them make it into my mind but they ones still up there are all jumbled up together, and need unscrambling. I feel like I have no credit on my phone and someone has put me in a room full of top-up vouchers, but each or them are tightly and painfully scrunched up … (Hmm, this kind 2007 analogy sef…). I feel like I’m hungry, and have made my way to the kitchen, but the rice is still in the bag, the tomatoes are still in the shopping basket and the maggi is still on the shelf. I feel like I’m chatting on MSN, Nepa takes light, I have 15minutes of power left in the UPS and there’s petrol in the generator.

Petrol in the generator. Is that my only alternative to Nepa? So the light goes off, and I don’t have a generator - Do my options end there? What else can I do? Should I start inventing something new to replace a generator? What if I haven’t studied Engineering-or-some-similar-fantastic-course? And how about those who have studied Engineering-or some-similar-fantastic-course? Why don’t they think of ways we can replace “The Generator”? No resources? No government support? Etc? I guess we’re all too familiar with the situation.

So, is it absolutely, and totally impossible produce a solution to a problem without the almighty government getting involved? Is it ok to just sit back and drop an idea, just because you lack support? Is it ok to stop thinking, just because “Nothing has ever come out of it in the past?”. Is it ok to not to top-up my phone in this room of plenty, just because my nails are too short (I agree with you, this analogy is horrible). Is it ok to remain hungry, just because my mortar is broken and I can’t grind anything? Make una helep me oo…

6 comments:

bighead said...

I think you need to write as you think and be doing something at all times. And whether we like it or not, current naija conditions will affect all ideas one way or the other

Ms. Catwalq said...

u know, won't it be even worse of u never had any ideas at all?

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

Hey babes, where are you? Hope you're OK? Take care!

Awoof said...

I like that, catwalq. No ideas = Living as a vegetable.

bighead said...

point of correction, No ideas=The Nigerian government

Awoof said...

My brother, Bighead I will have to disagree with you on that. This mentality where we believe someone owes us something will do nothing but cripple us. When we start taking charge of our destiny, and stop looking to the government for alms, we will be able to recognise opportunities when they come our way.