Thursday 4 October 2007

So far so good...

Welcome back to Uni, all my fellow bloggers who have had their summer holidays abruptly cut short by the necessity we have thrust on ourselves called University. So far, so good... I'm now a final year student (hurray!) and it's saddening the amount by which our Cohort shrunk this year. The lecturers were absolutely merciless when it came to marking.. Well, I can only Thank God that I was one of the lucky ones who made it into final year. It's not harder work, but it's more work. If I had 2 essays to write before, now I have 6. I have rapidly graduated from writing 1,500-word essays to instantly manufacturing 10,000 words.

On the other side, business has been very challenging. I'm still working on a new idea, and I've pondered on whether it's worth taking on. At the last minute, I decided "You know what, let's take this on as one lives only once". It's a big risk because it's a previously unexplored area in Nigeria but Nigeria is just the best place for this venture. So I spoke to Remi from Punch and he asked me to write an article on some my ideas and he'll cover them and even pass them on to other local newspapers - Free publicity!!! :-) (Handy especially as my advertising budget is so tight)

I'm currently developing this article and I never realised there would be so much research involved! Coupled with my project and debates and essays plus placement starting Monday, I'm clueless as to how I will fit it all in. I guess I'll have to think carefully about how I would allocate the time slots I have free in the day... While I'm doing that, I'll listen to this audiobook I downloaded - Time Management by Anthony Robins. I'll sum it up in my next post , so you guys know whether or not it's worth investing in.

4 comments:

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

Wpw, you are a busy bee arent you? I keep tellin you sell me a business idea and we can do business together!

CONGRATS on being a final year student Imbra! E no easy at all o! Thank God!

bighead said...

wo! all these yur coded bizness ideas. tell us full gist naaa. yu want to start a search engine? leather processing factory? what?

Ms. Catwalq said...

Good luck jare
it will work out

Ms. Catwalq said...

CATWALQ ACADEMIE IV IS HERE!!!!