Saturday 20 October 2007

It's been a long day/week/month! It's amazing how quickly time flies... Now now now, it was 1st January and I was wishing a Happy new year to all my long-losts and promising to keep in touch more often, as it is not a fight... Now now now, it's October the 20th, we're more than 3/4ths into the new year and I haven't really been too good in that area =( It doesn't help that I now work 7 days a week - 40 hours unpaid and 16 hours paid. My unpaid hours are at the hospital, and are mandatory as part of my course, while my paid hours are in a lovely ethical shop. I've been studying their business model and modes of operation... Very educative indeed! I so would love to implement a few of their methods when I relocate and settle in Nigeria.

In my last post, I promised to review the Time Management book. Well, the book turned out not to be by Anthony Robbins. (Stupid ******re!) Instead though, I got a book by Brian Tracy on Time management and it was excellent. He gave some very sound advice, and advises one to always prioritise tasks, with the most important tasks at the top. It seems like just plain old common sense, but one would be surprised how easy it is to just decide to do "just this little thing" and then it ends up taking ALL of ones time (e.g chatting on web messenger.) Brian advises, not to cut things like that out altogether, but to do the most importatnt tasks, earlier on and then use the "saved" time for less important tasks, or for relaxing purposes. I was able to find some a transcribed version of this book, one with all the main points, and it anyone is interested, they can look at it here.

I giess that will have to be it for the time being. Oh, and by the way, I'm looking for a graphic designer to help me create a small newspaper advert. If anyone knows anyone who would be willing to deliver in about 24-48 hours, can you please let me know? I do know graphic artists, but these are big people/services. Mine is just a small, one-off project. Thanks guys, and thank you to all those who have been putting up with my erratic posts. (Catwalq, Big head and "imbre" Nyemoni) - Thanks!!

3 comments:

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

Anytime my dear...It's been a while...I'm assuming you want the graphic artish in the UK? if so, there is a major roadblock there for me;-) if it's in 9ja, I may be able to help...How are you sha? I've heard soo much about this Brian Tracey so it must have been well worth the read..Thanks for the link, I shall check it out!

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

nice blog. update soon!

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

Update! Wats up?