Tuesday 29 January 2008

Awoof - Live on Punch!

Yes, your dear old Awoof made it live to the Punch Nigeria newspaper - Wednesday edition, page 29. :-)

Ok, it was only a tiny classifieds ad but yeah, this lady was still in the newspaper! Ok, I have stock to clear before Valentines Day, which I've been pushing on Facebook... I did get quite a few good leads on Facebook though, to be honest. I made one confirmed sale, but I had to readvertise like every 3 days. I then decided to just buy a place in The Punch, especially as I'd been talking to the editor for quite a few months now about advertising..

I wasn't too sure what I'd write to draw people's attention, so I picked my Valentines item and the astonishing price plus "from the UK", (for the benefit of Chinaphobes) and then in the body of the ad, listed other things, my contact details and that I'm willing to call back. Well, my sisters and brother - I got no less than 40 calls requesting information.

Among these were 2 confirmed sales for as early as tomorrow... Therefore, I've officially sold ALL my stock and am currently ordering more... hehe. Reflecting on my day, I think I've made one mistake though - I've priced my stock too low, as I pu tprice before everything else. I forgot that quality also matters and my products are great great quality.. I'm sure that even my customers would marvel at the sort of quality they are getting for so little..

My mistake. I guess I can fix that by telling future callers that this is an introductory price and isn't guaranteed to be stay the same forever... I wonder how I can do this? Any tips on "changing mouth" efficiently?

2 comments:

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

whats going on here? seems I've been away too long? What are you selling sef? Abeg lemme know o!

africa entertainment plus sports said...

.........missed the paper.Would have been interested.